DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE ENGINEERING
On successful completion of the program, graduates will be able to
- Apply the obtained knowledge of Science, Computing, Engineering and Mathematics to solve complex issues.
- Ability to identify, formulate and define the various requirements of a wide range of engineering problem solving techniques.
- Potential to design, implement and evaluate hardware and software components or systems for various applications.
- Apply research based knowledge and research methods that meet the specific needs with appropriate considerations for the cultural, environmental, societal and public safety.
- Select and apply the required techniques, resources, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the engineering practice.
- Analyze the various local and global impacts of environmental friendly hardware and software applications for sustainable development.
- Understand, practice and commit to the code of ethics in personal and professional activities.
- Perform effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in various teams to accomplish the goal.
- Connect a wide range of audience with an effective oral and written communication and convey the complex engineering ideologies.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and effectively apply and manage projects in various domains.
- Understand and recognize the necessity for, and have the ability to engage in independent and life-long learning.
To inculcate quality education in the field of Computer Science and Engineering and to provide the aspiring graduates the necessary technical skills that helps them in molding themselves into competent engineers with the caliber to face the real world challenges and to emerge as a centre of excellence for the advanced computing technologies
- To provide a strong base for the students in Computer Science and Engineering and in problem solving techniques to shape them as eminent professionals in the field of computing.
- To encourage and to assist the students to work on creative and diverse projects in various domains.
- To equip the students with necessary fundamental skills and to prepare them for their professional career
- To incorporate various practices that help students to communicate effectively and to exhibit their interpersonal skills and entrepreneurial skill.
- To educate students to be successful, ethical and effective problem solvers and thus to contribute effectively for the society“s well-being”.
- To impart students with latest technologies and skills and to help them in realizing the importance of life-long learning.
- To provide a conducive research environment for students and faculty to undertake inter-disciplinary research in emerging areas.
Program Educational Objectives
- Graduates will have the ability to grasp and understand technical problems and to think logically to design an optimal solution for the real time problems.
- Graduates will possess the ability to work as a team and will be able to effectively promote the implementation and the design of products and services with an in-depth knowledge of its impact on economical, environmental, ethical and societal considerations through their interpersonal skills and entrepreneurial skills.
- Graduates will be strong with the fundamentals of mathematical, scientific and engineering approaches required to generate, analyze and solve complex engineering problems.
- Graduates will have the desire to learn continuously and the urge to obtain an in-depth knowledge in the field of Computer Science and Engineering.
- Graduates will be equipped enough to take up the real world challenges and will have the potential to apply their expertise across multiple disciplines and research areas.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering
came into existence from the very inception of the college with the aim of providing inclusive technology education to students.
The department has well qualified faculty members with an intake of 120 students and it offers subjects relevant to current industrial needs.
The department is equipped with adequate classrooms, department library and well equipped laboratories with state of art facilities.
The students are taken to industrial visits and they undergo in-plant training in reputed organizations.
The Department has been recognized as a Centre for Research, by Anna University to offer Ph.D. programme in collaboration with Anna University Chennai.
The Department is lead by Dr.M.MuthuSelvi. Students are encouraged to develop expertise in areas of personal interest as well as to develop knowledge of subjects outside of
engineering related to construction and maintenance of infrastructure in harmony with the society and environment.
NON TEACHING STAFF